If Hong Kong wants to become a smart city,
traffic is a necessary part of the study. In Dubai, the government will test to install smart
meters on more than 3,000 taxis by the end of this year, they believed that the
system will improve safety and speed during the journey.
The main function of the system is to link
to the Dubai Geographic Addressing system. Drivers and passengers can
accurately locate the destination by entering the identification code, and each
building will be assigned an identification code.
Smart Meters Other features:
1. Whenever the taxi enters and exits a
gate, the system will automatically add the toll tariff on the taxi bills.
2. Smart Meter will help the driver to show
"out of service", so that the driver can take a 90 minutes break per
3. Every 45 minutes before the shift end,
the system will automatically display the "end of shift", drivers
will not pick up new customers to facilitate the handing over of vehicles.
4. The system will connect the sensors, when
the passengers get in the taxi, the meter will automatically switch on.
5. The system will also be linked to the
payment system to facilitate the charges.
6. The system can monitor the driving speed.